Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Rainchecks & Fetes

What a strange weekend!!

Mercury finally goes direct on Friday, but hey, it's only brought strangeness my way - kinda refreshing.

Rainchecks: Me and others trading rainchecks like baseball cards, for *all* kinds of things. Me with them, them with me, etc.

Loops I thought closed re-opening, to unknown end.

I agonized over the show I was supposed to play on Saturday because of inclement weather. Sunny/rainy, on and on. Finally I got the call that it was on for Sunday.

So with Joe's help I got my stuff there. But due to rescheduling, the festival had lost some performers. I had to start over an hour early. And *if* people come out, they are rarely early, so you can guess what happened. Several of my dearest friends and compadres missed my perf entirely. Some I had hoped to see no-showed. Others still were shockingly present.

So it goes.

Anyway, afterwards, I was feted by my friends. I was given a yummy Dove ice cream bar and then taken out for a nice meal. It ended up being a big party - 10 of us. We were seated in the Boston Room over at The Stockyard.

The night got very mysterious when a stranger some of the folks in the party met smoking out front ordered us all a bottle of Brut Rose, and joined us in the Boston Room.

MMMMmmmmmmm. J'adore champagne!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home