Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Benedetta My Love

Gerard Malanga wrote poems about Benedetta Barzini, and he was obsessed with her long after they split. He even went to visit her father in Italy, when, unbeknownst to her pop, they were already split. A little strange, non?

So I have a poem I'd like to share about a lover past and the passion we shared/I felt. The title's got me hung up, though, 'cause it would give away the farm. Soon perhaps. It's pretty goth, actually. Some antiquated language.

My lovers are my best muses. Some more of a force and more inspiring than others, naturally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

So Warhol connections abound. Edie and Aubrey Beardsley, via one her lovers. A Harvard boy.

And now Sinead & Warhol, via an interview in his Interview mag...Om, Warhol is all. Omnipresent.

I read a bit about Sinead today online.

She called one of her producers "a fucking old hippie", but it seems like she was/is more of one herself.

Earth mama. Spiritual. Shapeless clothing. Children by several different men. Strong activist bent...

Anyway, I think some of the controversy she stirred up legitimately questioned outdated modes of thinking, but some of it was ill-placed. And what's this about her outing herself as a lesbian then retracting it and doing the same over and over??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Been listening to Underworld a lot the past few days, and Boards of Canada.

Ahhh, B, I miss you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RE:Gaelic Phase
Today, I also tried to research a little about who it was that settled Turkiye in BC times. When I was 17, and traveling around Turkiye, I would hear Celtic music on distant radio stations. And a few years ago in Turkiye, we had an awesome regular cab driver who played Enya a lot.

I shall research more when time permits.

Currently listening:
Playing with a Different Sex
By The Au Pairs
Release date: By 29 August, 2000

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home