Thursday, June 29, 2006

Burning Eyes

I have transformed into a Japanese businessman.

Holy temple of work.

My eyes burn from staring at this screen. Fatigue is setting in.

But like Andy Warhol, I'm afraid to go to sleep or something...

I got so much done the past few days, I'm afraid to get off the ride...

I updated the Ajda the Turkish Queen page and the Turkish Queen page (and posted a new song on Myspace).

I finally updated my database of record labels to send my CD to. Just gotta do the mailing/emailing.

More work done on the Dame Darcy movie pre-production.

Gonna start recording my own music tomorrow. Starting with harpsichord 'cause that's what I play on my song about 9/11, and since that whole situation isn't going away just yet, I'm still feelin' it.

Speaking of harpsichord, many blessings upon my teacher, who was recently diagnosed as having an aneurysm. I hope she can be back teaching me very soon. She has already given me a gift and inspiration.

Had a weird dream last night. Truly gross. I dreamt I saw my own suit of skin. I went over and picked it up; it was hanging on the back of chair. How it felt in my hands is too disgusting to describe.

I struggled through an episode of Mystery! - Miss Marple - last week. I don't have no fancy cable, and that WGBH doesn't come in so well, even with Victor Venckus's antenna...

I feel like it's safe to say that recently I feel much less depressed. Boston feels like home, or at least home base. Staying busy helps! Ok, and a recent trip to Hawaii...Jeez, though, the Prague of summer 2005 seems so distant.

I think the skin suit thing was inspired by a conversation at a show last night with Brian King...we discussed Saturn return and life anew...molting...

So yeah, after working a double yesterday I trudged out to a club to do some DV taping for some friends. A prominent female member of the Boston Rock scene - someone I respect - came on to me very strongly. It made me feel very uncomfortable. I know she was drunk, but now I feel anxious about running into her again...she was cackling like a witch!

And Tuesday I went out to see Paula Kelley chez Abbey Lounge. Wunderbar!!!! Paula is nice, smart, talented, and she has a slightly bitter edge in her music that I really dig. We commiserated about our frustration with the lack of people in "ENTERTAINMENT" who are not fuckups operating under the guise of creative geniuses, thus excusing them from the normalcies of professionalism in business matters. Sad how accustomed to it I've grown.

Anyway Paula and Aaron looked and sounded gr8. They used melodica on one song, which I adore. I wasn't that into the rest of what I saw & heard, despite the set by one of my fave local performers.

Like BW, one day I'll expose all of it. The Tell-All book. Hah. I've already begun it - months ago.

Yeah, one day I'll stop being polite all the damn time and tell folks what's really on my mind. Oi!

Did I mention I finished the Andy book? The saddest part is the end - the chapter called Aftermath, detailing what happened to the once young and glamourous set.

Edie, oh Edie. Suffocated on her own pillow 'cause she had taken so many downers. She couldn't lift her head.

Anyway, I'm here. Surviving.

I wanna organize a trip down to the Andy Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh this summer.

Fischli and Weiss's 'The Way Things Go' is at TUFTS. I am so thrilled about this!!

And only one week until 'A Scanner Darkly' opens. Must go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home