Saturday, June 24, 2006

The Church of Style

The past few days, I find I'm actually wanting to go out for the first time in awhile.

Thursday night I played on the radio in Providence, RI. It went well. Supposedly it will be archived and I can get a copy that way 'cause the DJ couldn't burn a CD-R for some reason.

When I was playing in the little studio, I was giving it my all. It was emotionally exhausting. I felt the same heat as when Turkish Queen recorded our first CD in 2003 in NH.

It was that clear, strong feeling of "Here I am doing what I want and I've got an audience." It was weird and intense.

Though I travel a lonelier road these days with the solo thing...

Anyway, the Monique from Bourbon Princess connection continues as she was pushed back one week since I could only make this specific date. The last show I played was with her - finally meeting her after we co-exist in the biz around here or years.

Weird that she would be the next guest on this lil' show, and that she would be collaborating with the DJ, as am I.

He's doing a remix for me.

In fact, Turkish Queen got mentioned in the Phoenix this week in an interview with Paula Kelley. She was talking about how arranging is her bread'n'butter these days. The song I had her arrange for string quartet is the song I'm having several folks remix. Chestbox.

Anyway, after the radio thing. My friend Sarah and I went to the tasty little Cuban Revolution Cafe. MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

We saw a really cool vintage clothing store called Worn Again. It had a sign referring to itself as "The Church of Style", and from the display it looked true. The sign went further to say "Thou Shalt Not Loiter at the Church of Style". Love that!

When we got back to Boston we went to see German electronic act Barbara Morgenstern. It wasn't too packed. PA's. It was very math-rock/indie-rock live. The music was putting out very positive vibes however, and the musicians were enjoying themselves while they played.

----------------------------

Last night I hopped on over to Davis Square to see Jello Biafra do his spoken thing.

It was great, and I feel way more motivated to get involved/be aware of local elections, like I used to be.

But I gotta admit, there's so much info & misinfo about the war and crooked politicans out there, I kinda feel like I'm up against a tsunami.

Anyway, after going at it for an hour and a half, Jello commented, "And we're just getting started".

I ran into several friends at the show, some of whom I sat with. We decided to leave after 2.5 hours.

We got pizza. On the walk back to the car, some homies approached us. The one said "I'm about to have sex. Do you have a condom?" So I gave him one.

Then he kinda followed us a short distance making friendly chatter before offering us drugs.

It was a weird night, but definitely fun.

Be here now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home