Monday, June 05, 2006

Attacked By a Muse

Phone ringing at strange times. New friends trying to turn me on.

So much awesome news in the paper today, even though it was the Sunday Globe, and it's Monday. Sometimes they get it right and today was one of those times.

It figures, whenever I take something to read (like Factory made) the paper tempts and informs me...

Item 1:
Intellectual Property Law - Ties right into something I read in TapeOp. An article on face value - like how Marilyn Monroe's estate must be consulted and approve should her image or anything even simulating it be used for a commercial purpose.

Great quote from Marilyn: "In Hollywood they'll give you $1,000 for a kiss but only 50 cents for your soul."

God, with something like this in the paper and on the public consciousness, could it be that we are not in a Dark Age after all?

Item 2:
Grace Zabriskie - Yeah, she's in that show Big Love. Granted the singular episode I saw didn't feature her, and I didn't like it enough to even watch one whole show...Anyway, she's a Lynch fave and that makes her OK by me. Wonderful interview with her in the Globe. She mentions deciding against plastic surgery 15 years ago 'cause somebody gotta look like they're really aging. So she gets cast. I totally respect that. She realized how futile it is for a gal to fight aging, so she works with it and it gets her work.

AGING SO MUCH ON MY MIND.

Cheers to a time of new people, projects, and possibilities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home