Saturday, July 01, 2006

Gaelic Phase

Forgot to blog about this the other night:

I'm going through a mini-phase of Gael and Celt. Knowing me, it's probably just the mournfulness that appeals...and the longing for one's lover.

But anyway, I'm gonna cover a traditional Scottish/Irish parting song acapella.

OH and a song by Sinead, too.

And The Moors!!! Can't say enough about how powerful their music makes me feel. It builds me up. When love and lack thereof shatter, I have soul sisters with brassy voices and Moorsian strength...

I do feel a spiritual strength returning. I hope to try to maintain it. It's been about 12 years since I felt like this.
________________________

Started recording Model Cafe last night, with Joe's help. We were gonna record some harpsichord but the evil elevator man decided to lock up early and refused to let us in.

I recovered over some sorbet and tried to assemble a new plan.
________________________

Boston is a ghost town right now because of the holiday, etc. Though it will swarm soon. Don't like how it feels. Like Providence or something. Empty.

I always feel a little weird around July 4th.
________________________

Today I felt not so good upon waking - in my head and heart, I mean. Funny how sometimes it can be so hard and others you breeze through.

I feel a little melancholy, but part of it is because of all the news of sickness. Bad news comes in 3s, and that rang true for me this week certainly.

I just returned from visiting my piano/harpsichord teacher at a rehab facility. She had brain surgery 2.5 weeks ago and thought she'd be out by now, but no.

She seems to be doing pretty well, and I wished her the best. Met her daughter, her husband, and grandchildren.

Kathy and I talked about love, life, parents, etc. She's getting remarried in September, and she's like 66 or something.

I told her how a good friend/ex-boss of mine always teases me about getting a starter husband.

Anyway, this is where the record repeats, so I'll be cutting out.

Currently listening:
I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One
By Yo La Tengo
Release date: By 22 April, 1997

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home