Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Speak of the Reverend and He Shall Appear

So last blog saw me talkin' bout Glasseye. Well, guess who I ran into last night at the Middle East at the Black Heart Procession/DeVics show...???

The Rev himself.

It was most comical. He saw me coming in with my friend Dorian, and came over to say hi. We stood right under the bright white lights above the door to the Downstairs and chatted a moment, perched on the top of the steps - an alternate platform to the stage.

I told him how I freshly blogged about his band getting the slot I wanted. And then I jokingly punched him in the arm. Except, I knocked his drink right out of his hand. A strange silent moment ensued, and bar staff were looking over at us. I was so embarrassed!!! It was funny as hell.

Reverend laughed it off and said he shouldn't be drinking anyway. I could smell the scotch emanating from the floor. Of course I offered to buy him another drink, but he politely refused.

At the same time all this was happening, another 2 friends were standing there. They had seen me coming in, and been like "Ajda, hey!!!" And I looked at them and could not figure out who they were. They were so friendly, I feel horrible but I can't for the life of me remember who they are!!!! I can't sleep nights...Especially now that I realize I saw the female at a cafe months back when she was pregnant, and thought she was someone else and proceeded to tell a mutual friend about the pregnancy. Oh God.

Anyway, these people all have babies now. Glasseye's is named Reeves. A cutie, too. The pic daddy has on his phone shows the baby with a little tufty wave of hair like a soap sud...

The DeVics were awesome. What a cool bill - xylophones, violins, piano sounds, Gibson ES350's...some truly beautiful, heartfelt playing. And fans in attendance.

It gives me hope.

The BHP's lyrics seemed very poetic and lovely. Though their sound is a bit, dare I say, proggy...I love that the guitar/piano player looked like he might work in a shipyard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home