Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Too Much Flesh and Not Enough Action

That was a phrase from an article about being fat - esp. kids whose parents have poor eating habits.

Anyway, so I have news. Yesterday I bought a new mandolin. Yes, new. Not too pricey, but a necessary tool of my trade as a troubadour.

It's acoustic-electric, which means I can now hear what I'm playing despite the din of the countless doom metal bands practicing all around me. Yeah, baby, I can really rock out now.

It's a Fender. Made in Korea:( But hopefully it'll still last me awhile. I didn't want to deal with the issues my old one presented, but now I see there are only bright sides to having something new. Except for the $$$ factor.

Thanks to my bandmate for pushing me to better my set-up. This time has come.

Now I can keep my old one at home - and who know, it may inspire me to write new songs on it.

Last night, I went to the Model after rehearsing tonight's set. I was hanging out with some friends and handing out flyers, when along comes Bill Desmond. I introduced myself. Been wanting to meet him for years. He was friendly, also handing out flyers - for an upcoming Bentmen show (10/21). He bought us all drinks, and told us about his daughter's set at TT's the night before. It's so cute to see a proud papa:)

I'm busy the next few days - show tonight, show Friday/friend's BDay, PURE artshow participation on Saturday, underwear party Sat. night...

And then Narcovember shall descend upon us. In a cold wind, when leaves swirl 'round...

I LOVE CAMBRIDGE IN THE AUTUMN.

I've begun work on a battle cry for The Fortress. Afyonkarahisar, as I said before, is rich with lore and history.

A few facts:
It was settled by the Romans, then the Byzantines. This was after the Hittites, Lydians, and Phrygians passed through.

I'm also working on a cabaret/piano bar-type project. It's called Medicine Chest. More soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home