Friday, September 29, 2006

Will I get the timing right?

Worked on a new song tonight, on my banjer.

Such a woeful Texas heart have I.

Anyways, far as I can figure, this'un's gonna make folks cry; it does me anyway.

Somethin' about those sympathetic vibrations in them thar strings. Keeps me coming back every time.

Sometimes I wanna walk, and I do, and it's still not far enough to think about everything. I reach my destination too soon.

I feel soft and lonely; peaceful, though. Not a loneliness for some temporary distraction or frustration, but for something deeper. Myself feeling things consoling myself.

Had tea with dinner and I want more now, but I don't have the kind they have at the Chinese food store. I have loads of green teas, and chamomiles, and what not, but still not their kind.

Pare it all down; whittle to the nub. Some of the best times I've had have been traveling alone with my guitar. And little, bellied mandolin.

I've become accustomed to traveling alone. Grown to like it, and not fight it any longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home