Tuesday, September 05, 2006

NYC Blog

Howdy,

Well I've been in NYC almost a day now. Nice to get out of Boston. No disrespect, but especially with Moving Day and my 5 new housemates...it can be a bit much.

Let the dust settle before I return.

Went to a nice backyard BBQ with my dear old friend Bliss. The marinade on the steak was so delicious.

Garlic, lemon juice, yoghurt, dill, and salt. MMmm. The dill reminded me of Turkish food.

So tonight's my big night. First Ajda show in NYC, or anywhere but Boston on the east coast.

Some friends here are gonna come and that will be nice.

Life on the road is rough. I told myself NY wouldn't be a big deal, but wouldn't you know some older black man totally got in my face and screamed at me and threatened to slap me on the subway yesterday.

Bliss was there and she shouted at him. I was so shocked I almost forgot to get off the train at that stop. But we did, and then I was fine.

There is no rationalizing why someone does something like that, so after a few minutes I quit trying to.

Anyway, today I hope to find the purrfect cup of coffee. I should always have decaf because caffeine can cause hardening of fibrous breast tissue, which hurts and feels weird. But Bliss says taking vitamin E, which I already do, can make that problem go away.

I wish I had booked a show in NJ or something, now that I'm all the way down here...

There are 4 cats where I'm staying and they are very well-behaved. Bentley, Misha, Lovecraft, and Leo. Bentley has a bent tail, which I've never seen before, and the *cutest* little face and a voice to match.

For the past two days or so, maybe even the past five, every day feels like Sunday.

Last night Bliss's band The Moonlighters played a joint called the Rodeo Bar in Manhattan. The place is done totally over the top Texas-style. Flags on everything - even the speaker covers. BBQ. A buffalo busting into one wall... Imagine that. I come all the way to NYC, and they wanna catapult me back home to the heartland of my dear sweet old Tejas.

Well, it felt like home yeah. That's one thing I like about NYC. These little enclaves of culture/ethnicity. Though, according to locals, it's disappearing amidst rampant gentrification. They build lofts and luxury condos that no one wants to rent...

I'll end it there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home