Friday, August 25, 2006

Make It Quick

OK, yesterday was wonderful. I got plenty done - musical practicing and promotion. Got to the bank and post office on time.

My friend Sarah helped me out on some press mailings for NYC...

Then we stopped off at Algiers in Harvard Square and enjoyed a meal on their deck. I've lived in Boston 10 years, now, and didn't even know they had a deck before yesterday. Smokers seem to know about such options though...

Then last night I saw a wonderful movie at the MFA. It's called Crossing the Bridge and it's about how Einsturzende Neubauten's bass player went to Istanbul and recorded a bunch of different bands.

It was wonderful, powerful, polictical, artistic, soulful, beautiful. Made me long for Turkiye that much more this summer...

And the theater staff played the movie at a high volume, which rocked since it's a music movie.

On the way to see it, Sarah and I saw a gray bear riding a bicycle down Huntington Ave. No lie. I did a double take and it looked right at me and waved. It seemed happy, so I guessed maybe it had just gotten off work or something.

And then there was a baby doll face down in front of a convenience store. Very cinematic and spooky.

What can I say? There was magic in Back Bay last night.

Tonight, I practiced rock stuff by my lonesome and it was great. My practice is paying off and I feel more confident and able than ever. Wrote some new stuff, possibly for that soundtrack I'm working on.

Anyway, I missed the bus, the second one of the day, that is. But still I was not too upset. I'm super calm and mellow today and I didn't even do my Tai Chi.

I will not question such a blessing from the universe for one moment more.

Upon my return to Cambridge, I decided to go see a friend who had played the MidEast tonight. Sure enough, he was out front.

I ran into a few other friends there. Lots of love all around. I left floating on a cloud.

The past two days have been so nice and calm for me. I've somehow been able to stave off most of the anxiety I normally experience.

Maybe it has to do with diet. I was pretty good today. No coffee. Only green tea and white tea - both highly antioxidant and yummy. And I had Miso soup and Pad Thai for dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home