Friday, September 15, 2006

Odds & Ends/Belle de Jour


A bit more about NY.

It rained during the first part of my stay. I borrowed an umbrella, but struggled with it. It was a mean, hungry umbrella that chewed my fingers and gave me two blood blisters. Ay yay yay!

Apparently, it had rained a lot in NYC as of late, and there were so many mosquitoes. I got eaten alive twice. One of those times was inside Zebulon, the club where I played. They had huge windows they kept opening and closing. I played seated, and when I left the stage I discovered I had been bitten on the knees.

Last night I caught much of the movie Belle de Jour on cable. I really liked it. No one does kinky and psychologically perverse like the French!

I really felt like it was a rare example of a movie through a woman's eyes. {Christ, sometimes I get so used to media filtered through men's perception that I think I'm slowly becoming a man!} The main character was *so* believable. The lengths they went to to film such a thing! Her dreams and fantasies...

And the clothes. Her coat. Why oh why are Americans (especially) so boringly casual?

So one of my fave local publishers is seeking poetry submissions for a new literary journal and I am so excited to submit. Black Ocean. http://blackocean.org

Factors influencing me recently:
1. Anita Berber
2. David Tibet on the cover of The Wire

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home