Thursday, September 21, 2006

So much news

OK, just heard that Don Walser is dead. Tragedy. He was an amazing yodeling cowboy. Also known as the Pavarotti of the Plains. I saw him once in Houston, opening for Foetus I think...so long ago. I must check my concert archive log.

I voted in the Mass primary on Tuesday and my candidate won. Rare!!!!

Before voting, I perused the Globe and discovered some interesting things. John Zorn was recently awarded a MacArthur Fellowship, which = $500K, paid in quarterly installments over 5 years. Also, Patricia Kennedy died. What does this signify? Well, in Narco-news it's significant because she worked with the National Center on Addiction in NYC. Plus she was a Kennedy, and considered the prettiest of the sisters. She also supported the arts scene in NYC.

More Narco-news: Narcoterror has cool shirts with a pretty poppy on them. I still need a band name...anyone have a sugestion? Some recent ones have been: Cruella de Piils, Unstrung Heroine, Unsung Heroine...

I read in ASCAP's magazine about a documentary called Methadonia. Sounded interesting.

~~~~~~

I'm excited to be participating in an arts show next month in Boston, called PURE. I will be working with two old friends, with whom I've never before collaborated. I volunteered to be naked if necessary. All in the name of art! Even if I am partly clothed, it will still be cool and sexxxy. Mainly 'cause of the other performers...but some tools I'll be using include a fez and my wheezy, coughy, sputtery accordion.

~~~

I'm currently high on decaf soy pumpkin latte. Livin' on the edge, I know...

~~~

So, I'm excited about the independent movie soundtrack I'm working on. Had a lovely chat with the director about it last night. I've already submitted several pieces and she is using some in the rough cut. Pianer, banjer, and geetar. Vox Humana to come. A familiar melody some of you may know...

~~~

I watched half of Ric Burns's Andy Warhol documentary on PBS last night. Only half 'cause of the call aforementioned. I got emotional watching it. Regardless of what kind of person Andy was, his life story is so interesting and inspiring. Remember when I blogged about the crying dream I had after reading about Thom Yorke's solo album, and how affected i was by how one person can change the world so much...well, that's how I felt again. Plus, after reading 'Factory Made', it was cool to see and hear {the narrator} more of the Andy story. It seemed like they quoted that book a lot. Thanks to Dan for loaning it to me.

Plus, day before yesterday a friend sent me a COOL article on Nico written by Steve Severin {Siouxsie & the Banshees/The Glove). Speaking of which, I highly recommend the Nocturne DVD. I think I already mentioned that here, though...I am prone to repeating myself upon being enthused about something.

~~~

Got a postcard from Erik day before yesterday. He's traveling around Croatia, etc. He ALWAYS send a card from each and every journey, and they brighten my days. He always sounds upbeat. He inspires me to travel more.

When fall comes 'round, I particularly miss the West Coast.

~~~

Black Fortress of Opium rehearsals are coming along so well, I couldn't be more pleased. This era finds me more motivated than ever. These chaps are so good and fast I can hardly write 'em fast enough. Terms like "Opus of Death" and "Masterwork" have been tossed around for good reason. It makes my heart sing and dance.

The other night I walked in the pouring rain without an umbrella to deliver discs to my bandmates and got soaked. Normally, I may seem prissy, and can't stand being caught without an umbrella, but this night I didn't care one bit. I walked wet with pride.

First to arrive and last to leave. This is how a queen must rule her realm.

BTW, Model Cafe has come alive. If only I could post MP3s here!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home