Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Melange

Well well well...

I very much enjoyed the full moon last weekend. The nights here were clear and crisp, with the BIG moon (((O))) shining.

I'm excited to get out an' VOTE today.

Had some strange dreams lately. The usual alpacalyptic kind.

Went to see the artwork of John Lennon in Harvard Square on Sunday. Left me feeling like love is possible and hope for humanity and peace...I got a real kick out of seeing his handwritten lyrics. I love that stuff. To see it in the writer's own handwriting...The show was a benefit for the Brattle Theatre and I wanted to show support.

It was also interesting to read the descriptions of each piece - commentary. I wonder if it was all written by Yoko. There was one piece that was lyrics to a song about him choosing between Cynthia and Yoko. He said that situation made him feel suicidal.

Had a show Sunday, solo and with Narcoterror. The solo set went pretty well. There were a few clams, but who's counting. Sometimes, I get MORE nervous as the show progresses instead of calming down. I did a new song, though, and that always feels so damn good.

Warren came out. That was nice, like candleight and DuBonnet on ice...Paradise...

Anyway, I got so into one of the NT songs, that as soon as my hand hit my little riq, I broke it! That was exciting to me.

I'm currently reading about the jazz singer Jimmy Scott, and boy is he fascinating. He came through Boston not that long ago, and I hope he will again, though he's probably like 83 by now...This book, written by David Ritz, is most inspiring. What musicians, especially black musicians, went through back then is so humbling to me.

My guitar teacher encourages me to get behind the beat, and Jimmy Scott lives behind the beat. Maybe there's somethiing to it...

I'm excited about the new band. We're making recording plans that could involve travel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home