Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Israel

Current mood: aggravated
Category: Music

Tony loaned me his current issue of MOJO music magazine, b/c in it there is an interview with Siouxsie (born Susan Janet Ballion). The interview is supposed sum up the life of the artist, though it touches lightly on the fact she has a new album out called Mantaray.

Anyway, the interview is dramatic enough - she leaves at one point. She got pissed when the interviewer brings up the infamous (though I was unaware) picture of a young Siouxsie with a swastika armband.

They mentioned the song Israel, which she admitted was done in part to atone for the sin of wearing the armband, though she claimed that was done in complete innocence...

It got me thinking, and jogged a memory of how I once found a 7" single of that very song in a junk pile in my old house, at 141 Western Ave...I went upstairs and put it on my stereo at the time, liked it, but wasn't sure who it belonged to, so I put it back after spinning it. Although, now I feel foolish for not taking it, b/c it obviously didn't belong to any of those roommates!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home