Wednesday, July 11, 2007

New York Purge

Current mood: sleepy
Category: Life

Back from NYC again. I'm a ding-dang yoyo.

I'm high on roughs from the session. OMG, sounding SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD.

Happy Ajda, and that's a good thing.

Sunday Martin and I worked about 12 hours straight on the traxx. 7 hours the next day. We are nearing the end of tracking and it's so glorious to hear the progression.

The Breeders' version of 'I Can't Help It (If I'm Still in Love with You)' has influenced me lately. I used to have the single...now it's not even on iTunes!

~~~
Went to the MidEast last night for a bite, ate at the bar, and while sitting there heard awesome music - U2, Jeff Buckley (doing Leonard Cohen), and some other stuff. It was nice to be out and about and hear cool tunes:)

~~~
I had so much fun in New York, despite not making it to the Swiss Institut. I took the Acela down, and that was most pleasant - hanging out in the Snack Car, etc. The train goes right by the water and that was wonderful and relaxing. The train speeds along, alright...

I stayed with Cynthia Friday night. First, we ate at Spice Market, near the loft, and then went for a drink at the terrace bar of the Gansevoort Hotel. Very nice, sunset-time, breezy, and we could see the Hudson clearly. Then we walked around the West Village looking for a cappuccino spot. We didn't find anything, and I was dragging my suitcase, with my as-of-late bad knee, and it was rough, 'cause of course I wasn't wearing practical shoes, either. Finally, we asked some locals hanging out on the stoop, and they recommended a place called Cafe Angelique, which was most excellent. Very good rugelach!

We took the Staten Island ferry back to Cynthia's castle, and her Pomeranian, and numerous cats, greeted us happily. The ferry was so nice. Air and water. We passed by the Statue of Liberty, which glowed in the night. It reminded me of taking the ferry in Istanbul only a month ago...

The next day I checked into my hotel in Manhattan. Met up with Martin for lunch at a fave spot of mine in the East Village - Le Petit Gamin. Headed out to Brooklyn, to see Bliss, and then we went to Coney Island for even more summer fun. Kinda ghetto, as it were, but I had a corn-dog and a beer, and we rode the ferris wheel and a wooden roller-coaster. Damn, that thing was violent. It kept going and going, much longer than I expected. It was a tortured kind of fun!

The rest of the trip was mostly work.

I'm pretty happy with the shape this summer is taking. I went to Turkey, the Cape, NYC...it's good.

Currently reading :
Carry On, Jeeves
By P.G. Wodehouse
Release date: 31 March, 2003

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home