Wednesday, June 27, 2007

SO DEPRESSED-CITY CHANGES

Current mood: sad
Category: Food and Restaurants

After work today, I was SO looking forward to going to Caffe Paradiso in Harvard Square and getting a cappuccino or gelato affogato or something. What I found in its place was yet another empty building.

It almost broke my heart to still be able to see the neon Cappuccino sign inside. I had been going there for 10 years through sun rain snow and various boyfriends.

Where did it go? Why did it go?

I read just now that the Greenhouse is also gone.

Harvard Square is becoming less and less of a destination.

Casualties in the last year alone:
Caffe Paradiso
Greenhouse
Ferranti-Dege
Toscanini's

WTF??? I come back from three weeks in Turkey, determined to get on with things, genuinely feeling better and more energetic only to come home to this? I don't recognize it anymore around here. I'm only 30, but it makes me feel like an old woman. Out of touch and irrelevant to the goings-on around me.

{And half of Cambridge is completely torn up beyond recognition, making it look burnt out like some war zone.}

I am so saddened.

Has style gone out of style only to be replaced by temporary dollar signs? I am disgusted. Who is behind all this and how did they get in control of everything?

I feel like not a citizen of this world when things like this happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home