Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Apocalypse Now


Current mood: sleepy
Category: Life

Still half-awake. Very unlike me, usually once I'm up, I'm up.

Had an apocalyptic dream again last night. Or, actually, I suspect it was this morning. Tony's building was crumbling and there was smoke streaming out of several places. Ay yay yay. I didn't even wanna tell him about it. Felt like I was bearing bads news or something. But I also felt a duty to tell him.

Whenever my grandmother or mom had a dream about us, she'd call and tell us. Yesterday, my appointed social therapy day, I had another dream with my mom. I think she spoke this time, but can't remember what she said...probably just a memory...

Going to Türkiye on May 26th for 3 weeks. I've begun gathering the necessary supplies - legal papers, sunblock, SIM cards and all that yazz.

I'm nervous about having to first understand and secondly translate everything once I get there! My father speaks no Turkish. It looks like we're gonna fly around mostly, but possibly rent a car to travel to certain spots, like AFYON, the town named "Opium". I MUST visit this place and learn its secrets.

APOCALYPSE NOW:
Watched it Friday night. Tony is obsessed! Keeps talking about Captain Willard and Colonel Kurtz, and wearing camouflage...hee hee. Man that is one gritty film. Martin Sheen was so cute:) I thought music was hard to do, but film is a whole other level, or several. You really have to be insane to do film. It requires SO MUCH help! Building shit just to blow it up, etc.

Now we're about 20 minutes into Fellini's Satyricon. WEIRD. Very colourful, and great burnt out imagery.

Went to a rock and roll social yesterday. Seriously anxious first. But once I got there I was semi-OK. A friend helped and then more friends showed up. Girlfriends. It's good to get some feminine energy in my life. And it's super cool when it's femmes who do music but aren't competitive or weird with me. Then we can chat and commiserate like the boys but in our own girly way.

Anyway, I'm glad I went. Met a few people, handed out some flyers, and I won a haircut. I was so hoping to win and the universe heard me!

I wanna lessen my locks for summer. Just a trim.
******
Got in the mood do do some cooking this week. It's hard with so many roommates buzzing around like flies. But anyway, I made some Tiger Balls. Yes, unfortunately named, but tasty!
powdered sugar, chocolate chips, graham cracker crumbs, 2 sticks butter, organic pnut buttr
rolled into balls and drizzled with chocolate
Everyone seems to like them.

I also plan on making garlic Swiss steak and Mucver this week. Mucver is Turkish for zucchini pancakes. I got the dill!

A tip for corn: I like to boil the water to a rolling boil, then put the cob in, along with a pat of butter and some sugar, like a tsp or something. Cover and remove from heat for 8 minutes. Then voila, it's done and kinda sweet and tasty. This way I don't feel the need to add more butter or salt afterwards.

****
One more thing. Kentucky Derby was Saturday. Frank noticed one horse's dam was named Turkish Tryst, so he put $3 on that horsie for me. Alas, it did not win, place, or show. {Suffolk Downs is the only place I've ever been where I've seen men spitting on the floor - inside a building.}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home