Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Time Capsule

Current mood: cheerful
Category: Life

Busy weekend.

Saturday: Black Fortress played the Abbey Lounge. Tony brought a lot of folks out, and I was happy to see some of my friends there too. A lot of folks who hadn't seen us before got to check it out. We covered Sister Europe by the Psychedelic Furs. I had to keep that secret for many weeks and it was hard. We added a little magic to the stage show by leaving the stage one by one, leaving Joe playing the drum beat...

People probably think I'm being anti-social immediately after the set...if they only knew how much gear I gotta deal with...see me up there playing a different instrument on each song...?

It was fun playing kinda early 'cause then I got to hang out and relax afterwards.

I was disappointed that there was no after-party, but oh well. Can't always find the 24-Hour Party People.

Sunday: Rough morning.{Post-gig} Crappy weather didn't help motivate me to get to my sesh on time. I needed a sit-down breakfast with Tony. We didn't eat together once all week 'cause he was so busy. Went to S&S Deli and took care of the problem {My usual-Eggs Copenhagen and Cappuccino). Then he dropped me off like a little schoolgirl in the rain at the studio.

Hi'N'Dry. The studio started by Mark Sandman of Morphine, local legend. I walk in and people are immediately assembling for th group vocals, which was my cue.

There was media there. Lots of photos and video being snapped. This day, however, saw me looking not my best...It was a late night before, and there was some alcohol involved, and I didn't really change my clothes. So unlike my usually completely overdressed self {see La Dolce Vita}, I was like the least dressed up chickie there. Argh. Oh well. Someone said it would give the fans a chance to see me looking real. Yeah, that's it.

The session was for an anti-war song written by T Max or something. He's pumped about ending the WAR IN IRAQ and got motivated to speak out, so he enlisted a lot of Boston's well-known media darlings/singers/personalities.

Ended up hanging out with Mick Mondo {so polite!} and JPo a lot during the sesh. Saw Ayal and Maria from 27, too. They were sympathetic to my Mom and all...

Spent all day there. Like JPo said, I hate to go out in the Nor'Easter.

The rain boots I got on St.Mark's are working out super!!!

***Special note***
This time of year I tend towards being receptive...I find myself really listening to and hearing things/people around me. I can feel words and ideas getting into my brain and gestating. Little bits that grow into songs. Please, sweet muse, let them flow.

I had this blissful feeling on Friday night. A week ago I heard Neil Young {did I mention this already?} in 1369 coffee haus. Easter morning, feeling melancholy. Then "Don't Let It Bring You Down" came on. It comforted me. It haunted me for a week until Friday I finally looked it up online. I had SO MUCH FUN just playing my guitar in my room. I played around with that song and "Damaged" by Primal Scream. They use a lot of the same chords. I think I'm in love with Em7.

Fast forward to last night. I was getting dressed after a shower and I turned on the radio. The DJ put on "Cowgirl in the Sand" Live from Massey Hall 1971. I need to get this album. I own no Neil Young and this man's voice is speaking to me right now. I need to hear some more Americana.

Feeling mixed feelings about going to Türkiye soon. I will miss my life here so much. But I am looking forward to swimming in the Mediterranean. The salt. And going to some of my favorite Turkish restaurants.

Monday: My birthday. Had some friends over. Frank busted his ass and helped me buy and prepare everything. I was stressed out, trying to be a good hostess. I think I was 'cause I didn't really get to socialize until the end. People got fed; there was a yummy spread. Two cakes.

People brought nice gifts and champagne etc.

It was a success!

Ended up at the Model Cafe at the very end with Frank and Tony. And that was perfect. Some drunken tears made an appearance but it was all OK in the end. Jeff Lipton was there and it was so nice to see him! Someone at the bar {I think it was a TQ drummer of yore} gave me some small green sprig and said "smell this". It was oregano. I felt like I was in a movie. Truly. A Lynch movie. The Model=The Roadhouse

So many intriguing characters...I wore my full-length black velvet with red faux fur trim like it was no matter. I realized I like the Model so much 'cause of its slow Texas vibe and I feel like I can be whoever I want there, including myself. I love showing up there late at night all dressed up.

Currently listening :
Dirty Hits
By Primal Scream
Release date: By 06 November, 2003

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home