Thursday, April 12, 2007

It's New It's Now It's You

Current mood: calm
Category: Life

Very happy to see a full page article on Nico in this week's Phoenix...

Stopped by the Busch-Reisinger yesterday to see the Fluxus/Beuys show. Got there too close to closing to properly take it all in, but I plan on going back a few times...it's right across from where I work so I can get over there frequently.

I saw some Beuys Multiples, a piece called SmileBox by Yoko Ono, and some Maciunas. The funniest thing was two pairs of underpants - white granny-briefs. One was called "Male Underpants" and featured a picture of male genitals painted over the crotch, and the other was "Female Underpants" and looked more familiar...

It's like DaDa or something.

Apparently Beuys didn't like Marcel Duchamp much.
___

Picked up the REsearch version of 'The Atrocity Exhibition' today. Looks cool, and very sexual. I had previously not known that the movie Crash by Cronenberg was inspired by Ballard, as have many other movies...

And Tony's copy of Stroszek arrived so we'll be watching it soon. The movie came out the year I was born, and my BDay is Monday. Cake cake cake!!! A real excuse to eat birthday cake!

Nico + Joy Division = my current inspiration

It's spring and I must begin writing more and more.
______

Happily busy with work:
My contractual obligations for the soundtrack are fulfilled and it feels good. There may be additional work, too.

Doing a recording session at Mark Sandman's studio this weekend for an anti-war thing. Good cause and I've been wanting to check out the vibe there.

Going back to NYC next weekend to do some vox for a friend's album. Sirens of the Apocalypse is the song and album...

Got a big show Saturday Nite, too, and I think a lot of friends will come 'round for it.

Happy as a clam I am~

Currently reading :
Musashi: An Epic Novel of the Samurai Era
By Eiji Yoshikawa
Release date: By 14 July, 1997

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home