Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Golden Egg

Current mood: calm
Category: Life

Warm optimism.

I feel somewhat accomplished lately and am feeling calm now as a result.

I stumbled a bit today, though. I recovered, and made a save.

Ended up practicing at home instead of at the noisy space, and was reminded of how pleasant it can be.

COSY.

From yesterday:
Some neighbor I know through a housemate commented on how he heard my band on the radio when he was in jail. I dunno who's been leaking our traxx, but I was flattered and amused.

I was approached twice in the same day for collaborations. The optimist in me was psyched, though people naturally ask if I'll be getting paid, etc.

Back to today:
I just typed up my first batch of lyrics for 2007. My new song was directly inspired by the following things: love & devotion, COIL, Syd Barrett, and the bright sunlight filtering into my room...streaking in and speaking to me. And today, Tony and I started working on a song together.

I was playing my old mandolin tonight (home instrument), and though it's been criticized by my peers, I prefer the way it rings out. Something more magical about it. It's kinda homemade. Not shiny and new like the Fender I bought a few months back, but it's definitely more magical.

As I was playing it, and feeling folky, it occurred to me, "With my secret mando-lute, I will lay a thousand golden eggs..."

Currently listening :
And The Ambulance Died In His Arms
By Coil
Release date: By 27 November, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home