Saturday, November 25, 2006

Holiday Report

In Texas now.

Family totally distracting me. Literally. My dad just asked me what I was doing and what a blog is.

I came home this year to find my mom in a wheelchair with a fractured hip. She is really suffering right now. She's a very active person and this is making her pretty bitter. I heard her asking God why this happened to her. I told her, though I am agnostic, not to question God. Seems like a slippery slope.

If she stays off her feet, which she is trying to do, it should heal on its own. The alternative is surgery...

She just got a nice new car, but can't even drive it yet. I got to drive it yesterday and it was fun.

The dusk here is so nice. The hues of the big beautiful Texas sky surrounding and enveloping all. A peaceful quiet descends. Smells of mesquite that are real and so much better than the incense cones of pinon I sometimes have to light.

Here there are TVs and radios, sometimes simultaneously, on.

I feel very lethargic today. Everything here is designed for cars, not walking. The lack of motion and movement makes me so sleepy.

Hung out with JJ and Marisol {LA friends}, who happen to be in town visitng their relatives too, and staying nearby. We went to a rock show downtown on Thanksgiving night. Bands included: Lethargic, Death Row Skull, and The Turkeys. Yes, I can say I saw the Turkeys on Turkey Day.

This morning I listened to Victor Venckus's Expanding Awareness Radio Show on 90.3fm WZBC in Newton, MA. First, I listened intently to the astrology report, as presented by Dietrich Pessin. I try to listen every Saturday - mostly via stream these years due to my poor radio reception...It's on at about 9:45am. I know I've mentioned it here before, but I think it's awesome. Dietrich's voice has comforted me in her regularity for over 8 years now.

The part of the show about the paranormal today dealt with Montauk, NY. And something called the Montauk Project. There was a guest on who apparently has written a series of books on the phenomena occurring there. I forget his name but he was pretty adamant. He spoke of interferences of electro-magnetic fields, Nazis, and Stepford wives. Who knew Montauk had so much going on? But the main point was about synchronicity.

Synchronicity is defined as "Coincidence of events that seem to be meaningfully related, conceived in Jungian theory as an explanatory principle on the same order as causality" and the funny thing is that even upon hearing this show at this particular time in my life I feel I am experiencing it for myself. Not the first time. One in a series of many.

Montauk. Yeah, apt right now. I am not at liberty to elaborate, dear reader, and I am not trying merely to tease you either. But my lips are partly sealed on a few fronts. And I, of which surely you must by now be aware, have a hard time keeping details of my life quiet for ANY length of time, substantial or not.

Speaking of devils and them appearing/calling etc. and on and on.

Sometimes I think so hard about someone they appear in my life in some way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home