Wednesday, March 21, 2007

It's Only Springtime

Business first 'cause I'm that kind of lady~

I have updated my website a bit with musical news, etc.

Highlights include:
-Spiritualized cover
-Interview on Gothtronic
-Soundtrack News
-Upcoming gigs with Black Fortress of Opium

http://ajdatheturkishqueen.com to get the full scoop!

Meanwhile, back to NYC this weekend to do vox for THE RECORD. The roughs are sounding great with my little mando nice and up front!
____________________________________

Personal Stuff~

Spring is here, but there is still much snow on the ground. But I can feel the changing season in my skin.

The world continues to turn.

Special little springtime treats abound. Scott Roi's mom sent me a bag of Cadbury Mini-Eggs in the mail along with a lovely card. So nice of her to remember the time a few years ago when we visited her and she gave us some, which got us through our first recording session. Chocolate nourishment. WARNING: This candy is highly-addictive and can be habit-forming! I think they put heroin in it or something...

Soon everyone will be wearing sandals and espadrilles...tank tops and shorts and the living will be light and easy. And dining al fresco.

Looking forward to going to NYC next week. I have 2 days of grueling vocal recording to do, but after that I get to chill with my main man for a day and a half or so. We hope to catch up with friends, see some art, and have some fun in the City.

I also usually look forward to making it out west this time of year, but things with Turkish affairs are too unsettled, so I'll have to catch up with West coast buddies a little later in the year.

Checked out Josh Hager's new studio last night. Is very cool - like a cross between an ice bar and a spaceship. The vibe/lighting make me wanna record and get creative all night. I modeled the ultracool Garvy J deployment jacket, and pix may be online soon...

The band did a cover of Magnetic Fields's Born on a Train for the soundtrack I've been working on, and Joel made literally 20 mixes. Must...sort...through...I hope to be able to post online, but due to legal issues, not sure if I will be able to...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home