Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Blog for Tony

Current mood: cold
Category: Life

Ha ha. Tony likes to tease me about my blog, so here's one:

Busy weekend. Was in NYC again. Recording on Martin Bisi's album this time. The song is called "Sirens of the Apocalypse". Martin made it fun with lyrics on a cue card. Stayed with Bliss, and she knitted me a capelet. We watched the first half of Spinal Tap, which I had never seen...

It's a very pub-rock type track.

Still waiting to find out about when I go to Türkiye. In all likelihood, it'll be a month from now...I canna wait to bathe in the Mediterranean.

Last time I was overseas I hadn't yet blogged, ever...I often think about how cool it was to go to Prague by myself and fly in that prop plane from Münich...kinda scary, but it really felt like an adventure! It was the first time I really went somewhere I didn't speak the language. Got out of my comfort zone a little.

~~~
Germanic Influence:
I need to get back to the Busch-Reisinger to see the rest of the Fluxus/Beuys show. Weird how they have some American artists featured in this collection.

Watched Stroszek a few nights ago. My God. Mon Dieu. Allahim. Herzog is so clever. Woyzeck...Stroszek. Kinski is not in it...
The end is shocking, sad and frenzied...I can understand the effect on Ian Curtis. But there is a scene with a baby that is the most moving thing I have *ever* seen in any cinema. Life-affirming. And there is a small detail of a bird named Beo. Some very romantic imagery that is SO European. Very romantic in a melancholy way.

~~Speaking of melancholy, my aunt emailed me saying she thinks my music is too "melancholic". She said she hopes one day I find some excitement and happiness that can show through in my music. Yeah, GET HAPPY NOW!

That's fine. The reviewer who trashed my solo CD at least said I am "tender and philosophical".

"Those who hurt us give us gifts."-Paula Vogel

FOOD:
Tony took me to a new bakery in Fort Point called Flour. I had the most delicious chocolate brioche...I had one today for breakfast, but from Hi-Rise Bread Co. in the Square.

BTW, for all chocolate-loving freaks out there - 2 tidbits.
1) As of May 14th, the LA Burdick in Harvard Sq. will be closed for renovations. Now, they also have a store, and restaurant in Walpole, MA I've been meaning to check out, but I don't even know where Walpole is...Looks like a fine cheese selection from the online photos.
2) I tried the TAZA Chocolate Lounge at the Mariposa Bakery in Central Sq. It was OK. I was in a weird mood when I went - feeling too much food guilt to really enjoy myself. Kind of a yuppie crowd...I just had a hot chocolate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home