Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Reconnecting with the Past/Stonehenge!!

Current mood: awake
Category: Life

The sacred invitation to Stonehenge came this morning. Each year, I wait, and am again rewarded. Last year, er was it 2 now, Lee set shit on fire. Hee hee that was fun.

Anyway, nothing like a little late summer fun.

In the past week, I watched:
For a Few Dollars More
The Queen (saw it outdoors, a treat)
Spinal Tap

Lord God please save me from playing on bills with puppet shows.

Instead of going to ArtBeat last weekend, I grooved out to my new Brian Jones Jajouka CD, playing bamboo flutes my friend Joseph made me. Er, trying to play them. They're like trick flutes! I can barely get a tone out of them. Later that night I went to see Tony play with the World's Greatest Sinners at the Scooter Rally. Some band called The Raging Teens was also on the bill. They had a clean look - very 50s, upright bass, and all. And the drummer had the biggest bass drum I've laid eyes on, but the soundman sucked so bad you couldn't hear it. There was feedback the whole night. Sigh.

I presented a new song to the band which they're digging. A Battle Cry. I can see the video already. Originally, I wanted to have a theme song for the band. I always found it adorable when bands do that...but now I've just accepted that this piece has its place.

Back to NYC this weekend for our last tracking session with Martin for this album.

I connected with some friends from the past this week...local friends...from 1998...from 2002. It was nice to hang out with familiar folks. I do feel my life has been in a bit of turmoil since mother passed. It's so fascinating to see how we all change as we age. I laugh more like a survivor now.

My daddy's birthday is tomorrow. He'll be 65. He sent me a postcard from Alaska this week. It came at just the right time.

Tony's mom's BDay is today, so last night I took over a Pear Frangiapane tart, which we shared over laughs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home