Saturday, March 18, 2006

Pace

OK, I'm sick. Yuck. Besides the elevated heart-rate and annoying accompanying cough, it's mostly in my nose/throat, and I sound so funny, er "fuddy" right now a friend made fun of me on the phone.

How come I have a healthy lifestyle but get sick more than some of my "devil may care" associates? No fair. I take like 6 vitamins almost everyday, and I eat from all four food groups and exercise regularly...

Yeh, I may be sick but I have spring and late sunsets in my head and heart. 48 hours 'til spring, y'all.

Anyway, I had a breakthrough today. You see, on Tuesday I had a session to tweak what will be my first real CD. One of the songs is a cover - by Nico. I have to get a license to put it out.

There is research involved, which I secretly simultaneously loathe and don't mind. A preliminary search through several databases and almost one thousand song titles yielded nothing.

But today I gave it another shot. Lo', and behold - I found it. And in the process, I realized she published this particular track (as well as many others) under her real name. When I saw it, it was a quiet moment that felt like death. It was eerie - looking at this dead woman's info.

Amidst many other names in a giant database, her name stared out at me from this very laptop screen.

Paeffgen Christa

I felt a true connection I don't think I could ever explain. It was BIG.

I actually feel like I've grown up some in the past week - you know those moments where you feel yourself growing mentally and spiritually?

Despite being under the weather, I feel very optimistic. Mercury's going direct, I'm going to LA, and there's plenty of fun to be had and work to be done. Some very positive things are in motion.

For this moment my heart is content.

Last night, I watched Fellini's "Nights of Cabiria". There are plenty of extras on the DVD too. I felt sorry for Cabiria, but her know-it-all attitude didn't help her case. Why did she have to have such a tough exterior? It sure didn't lead to happiness. But I'd be hiding something if I didn't admit that I cursed men momentarily after she gets her heart stomped on, robbed, and almost murdered in the same manner for the second time. Oops, I don't mean to give anything away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home