Thursday, March 16, 2006

Kiss Kiss Kittens

Okay, I'm blogging today before I'm fully awake, but it's good 'cause I'm feeling detached from reality enough to explain the pretty color fields in my mind.

The title of today's blog comes directly from my horrible dreams last night. They involved kittens dancing on the highway and driving very fast in a convertible at night, er, rather, being a passenger in such a situation. Everything was shiny.

{I've had THE weirdest dreams the past 5-7 nights or so. Stuff on my mind is stirring up dust and debris in my subconscious. A perfect mix of horror and fantasy.}

I dunno where the kittens come from but the car thing is based on what happened to me last night in Inman Square at shortly after 1AM.

I went over to Toast at the invite of a friend. When the club emptied out onto the street, we had had a few too many Red Deaths. My friend's car is very slick and has windows that are illegally tinted. We took some wrong turns and got pulled over almost immediately. Thankfully, there was no walking the line or nasty inspections of any sort. He got off with a warning.

The last time I was in his car, we almost got into a wreck in Allston. It is a slick magnetic force, this car.

Anyway, so Toast is ManRay's displaced crowd. Terri at the bar; everyone in black; Chris Ewen spinning.

I danced and danced. It's a cool space - nice lighting, spare but posh furniture. You know, it just shows - you give some folks a cement floor and a booming system, and some minds are gonna be freed and their asses in hot pursuit.

Met an interesting, pretty, and charming young lady there that Frame had previously met in New Orleans. She had the semi-geisha look going on. I'm a sucker for that.

I don't think I have any dresses like that anymore 'cause when I lost weight I think I got rid of them all.

Anyway, this lovely chica is trying to start up a goth night in Maine. My hat's off to her. Good to see people trying to start something.

So this chick had an engaging, yet wistful manner. It reminded me of myself, and I kept wanting to ask her what was wrong 'cause it seemed like she was on the verge of saying something revealing...

I tried to get her to dance with me and Frame because when we weren't dancing, the three of us were hitting it off quite nicely. But she wouldn't. The song wasn't right or something.

Frame and I talked about art, performing, and breaking barriers and boundaries. I had told him about this butoh performance I did in Rhode Island last month, and am about to do again here in Boston, and he mentioned someone he knows well who wants to do a piece and incorporate nudity and a musical element. Apparently this person has me in mind for the musical part and I said I'd be into it. Natch, I'm paraphrasing here and still only half-awake, but his description of the content seemed to totally justify nudity. The piece is about confronting issues of intimacy and confronting the audience - breaking the barrier about what people think of you, etc.

In fact, I've had a piece on my mind I think I'm ready to do live. I told him about it, and it felt good to get it out of my head. That means I've gotta do it now. Follow through...

I've never done what I would consider performance art before, but I think the piece I have in mind would be well-suited to such a medium. As I told Frame, it could only happen in the right environment, though. I wouldn't want to do it in front of just any audience.

We also talked about getting in touch with what you really want versus maintaining some semblance of social order.

You know, I just remembered that last summer when I first became interested in blogging, Frame was the one who told me about/recommended blogger.com. I think him, for blogging has become quite therapeutic to me.

Random Thoughts:
Jarboe calls herself "Your Corrupted Southern Belle". I love that more and more.

I'm off to LA in a week. When I went there a few years back, I hadn't been in 10 years. The first night there my friend took me to a crazy warehouse art-party thing and there was a suspension ritual. Here's a picture...

Streak the sky.

I'm still rocking out so hard to Primal Scream "HIgher Than the Sun" song & remixes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home