Friday, February 17, 2006

Up up up

Up late listening to 4 versions of Chestbox. I'm hiring Paula Kelley to do a string arrangement since I loved what she did for one of my fave Ad Frank songs.

But, oh, trying to decide how and which. I mean, I've done it solo with piano, and with Turkish Queen with and without cello.

I could do an entire EP of just this song in multiple formats.

Anyway, went to the Harvard Film Archive for a movie tonight. Damn, I forgot how much simple fun that could be.

It was a film in their "East German Cinema" series.
The Rabbit is Me (Das Kaninchen bin ich)
Directed by Kurt Maetzig
East Germany 1965/1989, 35mm, b/w

Kool, it was. I forgot about German culture completely; I've been so wrapped up! But a reminder ist gut cuz I wanna go to Berlin this summer and visit Nico's grave.

Morbid, you say? Not really. I just admire her so. Plus I have some German blood and I'd like to investigate that part of my heritage.

Not to mention how I was flirting with a yodeling obsession a few months back!

At the HFA, I bumped into some old radio friends, one of whom is Magnus Johnstone. I hadn't seen him in about five years. He looked healthy and happy. He's making art up in Maine. He used to do the show before me at WMBR for awhile before he moved. And an awesome dub-hop show at WZBC. Apparently he's still doing air, unlike myself. He's over at WERU somewhere in Maine!

It was funny; just before the film started and everyone was taking seats, Magnus informed me he has his own website. http://www.magnusjohnstone.com Naturally, I gave him my URL. It was one of those "Damn, I haven' seen you since the internet" kinda moments.

I can only imagine how it must have been when, say, the printing press, or the telephone came along. It's hard to compare/gauge, but I'd be a fool to deny the interhole {as my buddy Peter once referred to it} has revolutionized communication.

OK, now I'm rambling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home