Thursday, February 09, 2006

LA & Beyond

My plan is coming into a clearer focus.

Today so far, I've contacted 8 venues about playing out there during my upcoming trip in late March/early April.

I'm really on a roll.

Next is Portland, OR and San Francisco.

Anybody got any suggestions/contacts?

=====

Last week, I was carrying around my book about rabbits. It's geared towards children, but I don't care. It comforts me. And the voice of the author comes across as a non-native speaker, making strange Nordic/Swedish comments. It's a sense wholly other.

The proud and pert Belgian hare. The floppy-eared English Mop. The Angoras, dripping with frilly tufts. The baby ones like anime animals. The crazy-looking Japanese rabbits. And all the illustrations portray the rabbits as scared and vulnerable or, alternately, peacfeul and blissful.

People asked me if I was going to get one for a pet, but I can't deal with things that need to expel waste or want to pro-create...

Feeling head-rushy today and really depending more on Naproxen than usual. As Peter would say, "pass-y out-ty". I hate it. Maybe it's 'cause I didn't take my medicine.

Oh well. Off to Providence again tonight for a dress rehearsal for this weekend's shows.

Had sushi for lunch. Rare treat. Sans sake...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home