Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Sweet Serenade

Awwww.

So Warren's movie Pony Trouble premiered to a packed, sold-out haus last Friday. One of the musical pieces I have is featured in a lovely forest scene. Exciting to hear it so loud and in front of so many folks!

I actually ate popcorn at the screening, which I always wanna do for nostalgia's sake, but usually don't allow myself to do.

At the after-party, I was having fun dancing and drinking red wine. The wine was boxed (Franzia), but the glass was beautiful and purple. Possibly crystal. Regardless, it's my fave glass at Scott M's house.

At one point, Warren came up and touched me softly, as he always does, and indicated I should follow him. I was ushered downstairs into the recording studio, where some of my friends/bandmates/other partygoers were assembled, seated casually etc. Moon was playing an acoustic guitar and Warren grabbed a lyric sheet and started singing "In Dreams" by Roy Orbison while Moon accompanied. He serenaded me. This is something no one has ever done. Especially so publicly and thoroughly and beautifully.

I have always wanted this. And to have a song written about me. But, as usual, my impatience leads me to do it first, so I write songs instead of waiting around for someone else to do it.

Dame Darcy put the song in our head after Halloween. She was so cute - sitting there knitting a scarf as a present while we had a little sing-along.

Looks like The Government is going to cover this song sometime soon. I'm in the band, too. My stage name is Lady Politik.

Another song I'm into right now, that I've wanted to cover for awhile, is Body Dump by electronic artist Khan. It features Julee Cruise on vocals and is about murder. What else? Turkish Queen will hopefully do this track at our next show. December 1st.

Tonight I play with Joe Turner and the Seven Levels at PA's Lounge in Somerville, MA. I curious to check out Bright, who is re-united for this show.

Warren and I are grooving on the BBC's I, Claudius. So far, we've watched episodes 1-3. I eagerly await seeing more.

Tomorrow night I hope to check out a film that's part of the Boston Turkish Festival. It's about Gallipoli.

I'm still suffering with a stye. Did a bit of research online today and found a long list of herbs and other remedies that may help. Send your well-wishes, please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home