Monday, September 19, 2005

Strange bedfellows, er, beds

I've slept in so many strange places in the past month and a half or so.

Crashing at various locations after parties, partying, etc. Waking up hung over. Disheveled, disillusioned. Wearing a stale outfit. Looking completely overdressed from the night before. Teetering down steep hills in Brookline/Allston in heels. Afraid of being locked in small strange bathrooms with even smaller windows and faulty latches.

Even my own house is still new.

A massive dose of new people and places. I don't want the weirdness to wear off just yet.

I've slept somewhat of a range. From trashed and gross to more opulent than I've ever seen all in a short span.

Woke up the other day and really had no idea where I was. I mean, it was somewhere in Newton. I knew how I got there, with whom et al. But if I had to find my own way home I would've been helpless. Turns out it was like 45 minutes away from home.

I woke up there after way too little sleep after drinking too much. I wanted to blog immediately, and there was a computer nearby, but I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed, even though I lay there unable to sleep, rest, or relax.

Been hanging out in Allston again. It's a comfort, but I'm glad I call Cambridge home now.

Experiencing all these different spaces is inspiring. I know it will come out in some significant way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home