Friday, March 10, 2006

Those who hurt us give us gifts

That is a quote from playwright Paula Vogel. I like to quote it often.

Sigh. Feeling very fatigued this week. Most likely this is due to slight deprivation of sleep. Or it could be my prolactinoma or something...Hell, it could just be the change in the weather.

What a day I've had. It started off with me on a bus from Medford, once again overdressed. A walk of shame as it were. Just after 8AM.

Got the cold boot out.

Me with a bottle of Jameson in a fucking Store 24 bag. Reclaiming what is mine; what is not allowed to be shared.

I am a space cadet today. Went to Staples with the wrong file on a disc; couldn't get my cards printed.

So I observed the PEOPLE out and about in Harvard Square enjoying the spring preview. Got some food and scurried off to Studio 44 for some peace and quiet. And work.

I managed not to break down.

I played the harpsichord and piano, and then it was time to go.

Came home to a mini-party. Jed, Sarah, Alex, and several others enjoying BBQ. Alex and Sarah and I had a nice chat. They brought me a gift and wrote me a nice little note. Alex has made a CD...

Then, also in my mailbox, was a package from Scott Roy's mom. I spoke with Scott just today and there was no mention of a package headed my way.

It was a BIG BAG of Cadbury Mini-Eggs. LouAnn Roy sent me this. She's so sweet. Sweet to remember. You see, 3 years ago, Scott and I went into the studio together for the first time. It was in New Hampshire. We got through those sessions on red wine and Mini-Eggs. Every year since, his mom sends me these little chocolate eggs, which I love.

She's kinda my Mom East, I guess...

She even included a nice note on Eastery paper.

And then Alex and Sarah give me a note and present.

A very nice welcome after a helluva day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home