Monday, May 25, 2009

My Past Few Days

Movies:
Speaking in Code - local film about the burgeoning electronic scene as fostered by David Day, inspiring!
Do It Yourself: The Story of Rough Trade - unbelievably cool BBC doc on this pioneering UK label and distributor, u must watch it!!
Angels & Demons - about the Illuminati, very cool and fun, shots of Rome and Boston!!

Basically, all the movies about electronic/indie music, plus reading copies of Tony's MOJO have got me feeling less uptight and more excited about music, and that is so good! They also got me to remove my new USB turntable from its box, and put it together. And I dug out my Rough Trade Shops Electronic comp I picked up in the Neal's Yard store in London in 2004 and have been grooving to it nonstop since.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home