Thursday, September 25, 2008

Report from The Garden

Current mood: satisfied
Category: Music

Last week, Mali from Jaggery asked me to do a solo set at a party she was throwing.

I said yes. It was a lovely setting, I played at dusk in a green courtyard, as autumn bourgeoned around me. Dusk is my favorite time of day~Magic Hour.

Here is my set list:
In the Garden That Day
Southern Hymnal
Unraveling
Chestbox
Get the Timing
Afyonkarahisar Battle Cry

This set included the following instrumentation:
banjo
mandolin
keyboard/piano
guitar
female vox

Nicki Jaine played before me, and that was cool to check out. She's from PA, and Ned Raggett (who reviewed the Black Fortress CD for the All Music Guide) once mentioned we should play with her. He predicted the future!

Tony got a nice picture of me testing the keyboard; that's why there is a pick in my mouth. It's my fave one, given to me by Warren Defever, of His Name is Alive. It's pearly and thick, and though I have so many other picks, I never perform with any other one. This one is preferred. I have managed not to lose it for 4 years...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home