Monday, March 31, 2008

Post-show report & Turkish events

Hey My Birthday is coming up...April 16th, and my dad's gonna be in town. I think we'll go get some Middle Eastern food and maybe go see a play - SO MANY Turkish events going on around now. It makes sense, given the tulips are coming to Boston with the approach of (Insallah) springlike weather someday soon. It's one thing I do dearly love about this godforsaken dreary place. OK, I'm a little weary of the gray cold.

Anyway, tulips are a symbol of the Ottoman Empire. And it just so happens that there are a plethora of Turkish events going on over the next month or so - plays, concerts, and films.

Curious?

Check out:
http://www.bostonturkishfilmfestival.org/
and I read about a play at The Huntington Theatre called 'The Cry of the Reed'
http://www.huntingtontheatre.org

I already went to one film at the MFA the other day, and it was cool. Pretty typical of Turkish films, but of course just the vistas and the sheer sound of the language alone reeled me in, so to speak.

And then the Turkish concept band (hee hee that's what I should refer to it as when people ask!!) Black Fortress of Opium played our CD release party at the Abbey. It was a success. We got a bunch of video I hope to post someday soon, and over 100 people showed up. The men loved the belly dancer...she was quite enchanting! And people misheard me when I said "Go up to the Bull God and grab a sticker" and thought I said Bull Dog. No no no. Yeah, we got merch now! It's fun !

As for me, everyone asks how it went but it's as if I weren't even present. The sound flowed forth but it was over in such a flash.

My whole life is speeding by.

It was cool to see who showed up and who didn't. There were definitely some surprises.

Martin came and hung out the next day a while, too. I helped him find the sweet spots for the flyers for the show we're doing together in May. And we checked out this awesome place for brunch called Deep Ellum in Allston (thanks for the tip Irina!). Do folks around here know that's the name of a neighborhood in Dallas, TX?

Anyway, it's the best friggin' breakfast burrito I've ever had, but I recommend skipping the hot sauce.

This weekend Tony and I are gonna go to the wolf farm in Ipswich. Can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home