Tuesday, May 27, 2008

2 much fun!

Weekend report:

Well, Tony and I had illegal amounts of fun this weekend!!

Friday:
Went to see Firewater at the Paradise, one of my fave spots to see rock shows. It was tropical, upbeat, and worldy. Fun percussion. Great band! Good to see Tod A. doing his thing. The show involved a birthday cake and a funny monkey balloon!! Saw my old roomie Ed & his g-friend Kristen, and some other pals from the local scene there digging the music too.

Saturday:
I went to see The English Beat with my homegirl Irina and some other associated peeps down at the Hatchshell as part of some outdoor fest. Free snacks courtesy of Whole Foods. Also caught moments of Cracker's set. I had no clue they were the original writers of "Eurotrash Girl"!! Popped over to Joe's on the Newb for a PiƱa Colada w/Irina & co.

Met up with Tony and went to our fave dining spot (for rodizio, anyway) Midwest Grill. Feasted on copious meats (skipped the blasted chicken hearts) and treats, including a lovely mousse cup for dessert. Then we went over to the Kendall Cinema to see OSS 117 - the French James Bond spoof. Very French sense of humeur...

Sunday:
Went to the Stone Zoo to see the new black bears, Smoky and Bubba. They were playfully splashing about in their little pools, and roughhousing with blocks of wood and whatnot. Lots of other animals, too - wolves, flamingos, yaks, snakes, tarantulas, owls, bald eagles, cheetahs, and more. I liked the desert vibe of the place - cactus made this Texas gal feel right at home. It was a lovely sunny day for us too. Later, we went to Tony's pop's place, ate some yummy home-cooked BBQ and looked at pix galore of his dad's recent European trip.

Got a mysterious text about some friends meeting up for a drink in town, but when we arrived they were MIA. So we went home and watched the Ridley Scott-directed "A Good year", which features Russell Crowe. Very French, once more. French vs. British. Romantic comedy about the past-paced city life versus the peaceful yet passionate rural one.

Monday:
Went shopping for some necessary items for the upcoming vacation with Irina. Kind of a quiet affair. Met with a new friend for coffee at Pamplona. We sat outside and I proceeded to get WIRED on espresso. Then Tony and I went to see the new Indiana Jones movie. We liked it. I enjoyed it because I allowed myself to suspend disbelief and let myself be transported.

All in all, much fun was had. And today looks nice and sunny again. It helps!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home