Thursday, May 22, 2008

Weekend Forecast

Well I'm feeling much more content and calm today. Yesterday too, though it started out a bit rough.

I wonder if it has something to do with the full moon Monday night. Scorpio full moon, too. The second one in a row!! I've read that supposedly when the moon is in Scorpio paranoia and suspicion run rampant. Tides of the moon pull at my body water sometimes and make me temporarily wacky...

But, ahhhh, I feel so calm now:)

The show went very well on Tuesday night. Many friendly peeps appeared, from past and present. 'Twas a real convergence! Ladies in the crowd were swaying with each other to several songs. A pleasing sight. People seemed entertained. Minimal weirdness, excepting the gremlins onstage for our set which attacked my guitar and Tony's stuff, too.

Had a lovely tapas experience last night with my friend Wendy. We went to Tapeo on Newbury St. My God, it was good.

Here's what we had:
red wine flight - tastes of 3 wines, Spanish, Argentinian, and I forget (one was a Malbec)
tapas incl. beef shortrib, chicken croquettes, pork tenderloin, fried goat cheese with honey and sweet onion, potatoes with aioli/piquant sauce, sizzling garlic shrimp
dessert: flan with orange sauce, flourless chocolate tarte
I also had a lovely cocktail of Cava and blood orange puree. Divine!

It was thoroughly enjoyable! I recommend the place to anyone with an appetite. I would skip the dessert if I were you though. IMHO, not worth wasting the calories. Go somewhere else for dessert. The chocolate tarte was a bit chalky...

This holiday weekend I'm so looking forward to hanging with Tony and seeing Firewater tomorrow night, and then Sunday going to see some bears. Real black bears Smoky and Bubba, who hail from the Appalachian area, are coming to the Stone Zoo in Stoneham. Should be a real treat!!

Yes, first wolves and now bears. What can I say? We like the furry creatures:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home