Monday, December 22, 2008

Prime Suspect/Cup of Tea and Sympathy

Current mood: awake
Category: Life

Ah! This time of year is so rough.
Last night I stayed up wrapping Tony's gifts while watching a pretty depressing show - Prime Suspect (Season 7) with Helen Mirren. For those who haven't seen it, Mirren plays a female cop in London who's got a bad drinking problem and whose father is dying of cancer. She is unmarried and has no kids or man in her life; she's totally devoted to her career, and seen as unsympathetic, and a "bitch" by many.

It's cool seeing a show with a female lead. A real woman who has problems and an identity. Not just some hot damsel in distress. There were interviews with Mirren after the episode. I love British actors! They sound so intelligent! No, but it was informative.

Anyway, this morning I had a terrible nightmarish dream just before I awoke. In the dream, the band was playing a show in some kind of auditorium. People were adjusting lights, and fine-tuning things. I had forgotten the merch, and Joe sent Carrie out to get it. I was seriously stressing out because I couldn't remember any chords and we were about to start, and a fair crowd was assembled. The dream felt real!

Then the doorbell rang, and woke me out of the dream. It was the UPS man with a package from my dad. What a pleasant surprise!

One other note: I recently bought Raw Power on CD, and a copy of Amy Winehouse's "Love is a Losing Game" single. Both are good, but the remixes on the single have been making my ears dance. It's like buying Saint Etienne remixes! So good to my ears!!!!!!! So dancey, and English!!!

Currently listening :
Raw Power
By Iggy & the Stooges
Release date: 2002-01-29

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home