Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Indulged

Dear Reader,

Been busy this week. I've been living too much to blog as frequently.

Last night I played at the Other Side. Some friends came out and listened and bought me copious drinkx for my BDay. Malbec and Chimay...mmm. After the show I had to go to a rehearsal, and after that I ended up at the Model Cafe. So I'm a bit tired today...

After the show I got a warm response, which was nice because during the performance I couldn't tell if folks were into it. I had to compete with blenders making smoothies, etc, but hey it's all part of the gig. I sold some CDs, and even the jazz cats who were on after me really liked what I did. I wasn't sure they'd be into it, but they dug:)

Friday and Saturday I did the butoh shows which went alright. Some folks came out to support. I felt better about the second night.

My poor voice. I've been a horsey instead of a birdie. I really shouldn't agree to do certain shows sans mic ever again. It's too straining.

But the healing continues. Damn bird flu!

Funny, I first heard of it through Ben Walker years ago. He claimed he had it.

Did you ever think a lover was so cute you wanted to eat them up!!???

Spring is here and it's time to remove layer 2 of blankets in my bed. Time for short nightgowns. Time for new spring dresses.

Worked on the rough version of the Joe video this week with Warren. He lets me have a lot of say in the editing, and it seems as though we're pretty aligned. It's fun to see different worlds come together. Pony people + Joe Turner & the Seven Levels + scene friends = video entertainment

Hopefully, Dan will be into making a video for his Lord Hampton murder ballad. I can't wait to work on that. It's got all the elements for a great story. We need peeps in puffy jackets.

Going to Houston for the weekend for Easter and my birthday. Looking forward to some rest after a lot of commotion. And it's gonna be a busy spring and summer.

Been catching up with friends lately. It's always nice.

In the last 6 days:
I went to 3 parties & 1 potluck
I performed 3 shows
had 3 rehearsals
did editing on a video
made a delicious nutritious seasonal salad with feta, organic tomatoes, cucumbers, organic basil, organic lemon juice, & balsamic vinegar

Summing up is fun for me. I like lists and I use the calculator function on my computer a lot, too. I'm computing...I'm controlling...I'm the operator of my pocket calculator...{Kraftwerk}

Whoa, I'm tiredly zoning out so I'll wrap this up about now.

BTW, I finished the Strange Fruit book. The melody will sound from my lips soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home